Thursday, January 18, 2007

Quote!

"The world out there might not judge you fairly, but you lead your own life" -- Kevin Lim (My COM125 lecturer).

Now that's a line I vividly remember from class today. We should all give it some thought! Are we living our lives the way others have influenced us to or have we maintained our individuality?

I might be considered too young to comment on this issue. However, I feel that I've been through enough to understand that we can't please everyone. A couple of years ago, I thought that being a people-pleaser would make life easy for me. I was wrong. It's tiring!

I went to watch a soccer match at the National Stadium in the evening. Singapore vs Indonesia. The poor referee got jeered at by either team's supporters no matter what he did. It's either a loud "referee *kayu!" from the left or a "boo!" from the right. Poor guy!

I guess referees try to turn a deaf ear to the crowd's jeering, which is what we should do if we are being judged unfairly! I think that's what Kevin was trying to tell us. I THINK.

If you judge others, be prepared to be judged yourself!


_______________________



*Kayu = Malay word for wood--used to suggest stupidity.
Definition of "kayu" was found on
TalkingCock.Com <---Click to visit.
It's amusing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Renhao said...

I owe it to UB that I learnt not to be a yes-man. Learnt so many lessons here that looking back I would die in the world without.

UB Hoozah~!

January 19, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

You're never too young to have an opinion, and be taken seriously if you are passionate about what you say. It's nice that you enjoyed class by relating it to life outside, but do feel free to disagree with me at times too. You have that liberty. :)

January 20, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger trenchy said...

"The world out there might not judge you fairly..." Account it not to the sensitivity of oneself but rather the vice versa of the question. "If you judge others, be prepared to be judged yourself!"
Whether or not a judgement is fairly passed or not should not be "judge" by oneself so thoroughly. If one discerns the judgements as negative, does it also mean that the judgemental one is actually oneself?

January 21, 2007 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home